Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 14, 2009

The difference a year makes

I can't help but think about what I was doing at this same exact time last year. That day was a Thursday and I had just turned 31 weeks pregnant. Jason was at the fire station and I had gotten off work early then came home and rested for a while. I am sure I watched t.v., talked on the phone, played with Hank and then ate something but those details escape me. Later on in the evening I went into the baby's nursery and organized her clothes in the closet and drawers, took the tags of new clothes so they were ready to be washed, hung up clothes that were clean and just piddled around in there for a while. Then I got tired, called Jason to tell him goodnight, and went to bed. Then at 3:00 a.m. my water broke and the rest is history...

We are so lucky and so blessed to have a healthy happy baby girl who will be ONE tomorrow! My baby is going to be ONE! I can't believe it, this year has been both the longest and shortest year of my life and I/we couldn't have made it through without the physical, emotional and financial help of our family and friends. Thank you all for everything you have done for us and with us....look at what we have to show for it! :-)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Beautiful, beautiful girl!