Kate used her "big girl" potty for the first time this morning! :-o) Yay! Her little potty has been sitting in the bathroom for months now and mostly she ignores it or plays with it, takes out the bucket, stands on it etc. Every once in a while when she's in the bathtub she acts like she is about to have a BM so Jason and I sit her on her potty but it's just a fun game to her. Today, however, she went to the restroom with me and when I asked her if she needed to potty she said "yes....diaper off, diaper off"! So I took her diaper off, helped her on the potty and handed her some toilet paper, not really expecting anything to happen, and when she stood up there was pee in the potty! I think it surprised her or even scared her a little because she said "oh no" and had this strange look on her face, but I praised her, told her what a big girl she was, clapped and gave her a high five. Then I made a big production out of showing her how we dump it in the toilet, then flush and then we washed the bucket and washed our hands and she thought that was big fun....so hopefully she knows it's a good thing now! My little girl is growing up! ~sniff sniff~
On a cute but unrelated note, here are some pictures of Kate and her various sun glasses! Our little Diva :-)
 |
| This picture was taken back in May while Kate was in swim lessons. She was so funny, she had her sun glasses, her lollipop and her lemonade and was ready to travel! |
 |
| She made me give up my sun glasses one day! |
 |
| Running around the house at night with her shades on trying to avoid pajamas and bed time :-) It worked! She's just too cute! |
 |
| This morning she just had to wear them in order to watch Blue's Clues! :-) |
3 comments:
So proud of Kate! Love the sunglasses pics. That last one makes me want to sing something from the Blues Brothers. :)
Congratulations
bk! You are getting so big!
Happy Belated Birthday Baby Kate!
Post a Comment