Tuesday, September 21, 2010
A moment to remember
Baby Kate woke up early this morning, 6:30 to be exact, much earlier than normal. She had poo. This happens more often than I'd like it to, but what else is a girl to do when nature calls. I don't think she was necessarily ready to start her day but she was awake and there was no getting her back to sleep at this point. Thus begins our morning routine: I changed her diaper, grabbed her 'baby' and 'monkey' and then like clock work she started asking to watch the pets. (Ah the Wonder Pets, morning noon and night the child asks for the pets ~sigh~) We go in the living room, I turn on the TV, sit her on the couch, then go get her milk and my water. Because we are still groggy I ask her if she wants to lay down with mommy and she surprisingly says yes. This is a rare opportunity and I take full advantage. We lay down on the couch together but I prop her up a little so she can drink her milk and watch the pets. After a minute or two my sweet baby girls puts down her milk, rolls over to face me, gets almost nose to nose with me then she gently places her sweet little hand on my cheek and looks me in the eye and begins talking to me very softly. It touched my heart and actually brought tears to my eyes. I have no idea what she was saying but the way she was acting I want to believe she was telling me how much she loves me. Moments like this are few and far between but greatly cherished. It was so sweet and so touching and I hope I never forget it. Moments like that make it all worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love that! Just too sweet for words and I feel sure she was expressing her love to you. She is so loving.
Nonnie/Connie
Post a Comment