Where have the past five months gone?! It's so hard for me to believe that Kate is 5 months old already! It seems like every day she learns something new or surprises me somehow! Last Wednesday Kate rolled over for the first time! Most of you know she despises being on her tummy and tummy time is torture for us all but it is a necessary evil. Kate and mom were laying on the bed talking to me while I was on the computer and mom decided to flip Kate over for a little tummy time....needless to say Kate was not impressed. Mom was laying on the bed with her so the mattress was slanted a little and it was the perfect amount of help Kate needed to flip over! It was a slow process...first her head tilted, then her sholders went and for a few seconds she just layed there twisted with her bottom half faced down and her top half faced up looking at us like "What do I do now!?" Then she figured it out and slowly her hips and legs followed!! It was amazing! After lots of praise and hand clapping we flipped her back on her tummy to see if she could or would do it again and she did! Then on Friday we had an appoinment with the developmental specialist and just as soon as Jason and I finished saying that Kate did not like tummy time and advised doc to flip Kate over at her own risk Kate decided to show off a little and when the doctor flipped her over on her tummy Kate pushed up on her arms and lifted her head higher and steadier than I have ever seen and then to top it off she did a graceful roll over to her back!!! What a little show off :-)!!! Tummy time has become almost non-existent because she can roll over to her left and right sides with ease! Now, to Kate's dismay, I put her in the boppy for tummy time that way she can't roll over, whew that makes her mad.
For a while now Kate has been whacking her toys that hang above her head and will hold something if you put it in her hand but yesterday I saw her slowly reach up and grab one of the toys that was hanging from her activity mat! Jason said that he saw her do it the other day but I've never seen it and I just happened to be videoing her and caught it on tape! What a cutie patootie!
One more wonderful thing worth mentioning is that Kate has slept all night for the last 4 nights! Can I get a woohoo! She woke up at 8:15 this morning, 5:45 yesterday morning, 6:00 the day before and 7:00 the day before that! Oh sweet sleep, how I've missed you :-) Hopefully this trend will keep up!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
She is so smart!! I am so happy for her and happy you are getting some sleep!! Why didn't I get the video of her rolling over???
love ya
jessica
Kate is so smart....she is growing so fast it is really hard to beleive. Today I was talking about her (hard to beleive, huh?) and my mother said "is Kate about 3 months old now?" I immediatly said "no, she is 5 months" then I had to stop and think a minute...I counted and said "yes-she is 5 months" She changes daily.I love you Kate. Nana
This is very exciting. It makes my heart smile to hear such wonderful news!!
Post a Comment