Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow!

It has been snowing since before we woke up this morning! It is beautiful...everything is covered in white and the snow keeps falling!  Our patio chairs look like they have white cushions and the table has about 4 inches of snow stacked on it.   Kate didn't get to see the snow last time, so I promised myself I would make sure she did this time.  I started dressing her and realized that she doesn't have boots, uh oh, she has 2 pair of brown mary janes 1 pair of black mary janes and some crocs that are 2 sizes too big but no boots.  Never fear we WILL play in the snow....so I decide to put ziploc baggies over her shoes and rubberband them to her calves!  Great idea in theory but they make for very slippery soles and she fell on the wet slushy sidewalk, and since the snow was so deep in the grass the baggies didn't stand a chance.  Oh well she got to see it, touch it and taste it and that's all that counts!  She tromped around in our yard then we "ice skated" on the driveway and walked over to the side yard and walked all over there then came in and got warm!  Here is my little snow bunny!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there to watch Kate play in the snow. The hat is adorable but not as adorable as Kate!

Nonnie

Shannon said...

Way to go Kate! Nora loved being outside and cried when we brought her in!

Nana said...

OH HOW SWEET! We need to get that girl some rubber boots..she loves it outside and we need to get her outdoor gear...