Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Evel Knievel

Knock on wood, we have almost made it through a whole week without some mishap but we still have a couple days to go.  This is the latest from my dear little daredevil...last Saturday morning Jason got up at 4:00 a.m. to go fishing, so it's just BK and I for the day.  I was looking forward to hopefully sleeping in a bit and having a nice leisurely Saturday, however Kate, a.k.a. Evel Knievel, decided to wake up at 5:45 and cry out, quiet down, then go back to sleep.  At 6:15 she cries out again and as I am debating whether to start my day or hope that she goes back to sleep I hear.....THUMP......then...... WHAAAAAAA....WHAAAAAAA.....WHAAAAAAAA.  I thought she hit her head on the crib or kicked the wall and hurt her foot so here I go "Mommy to the Rescue".  Never thought that she might have climbed out of her crib.  I run down the hall and bust in her room and WHACK I hit my baby with the door.  :-(  This starts another round of hysterics.  Not only did Kate climb out of her crib and fall to the floor, but her mommy hit her with the door.  She is screaming and crying so much that I think she broke something.  It takes me a good bit to get her calmed down.  I am still freaking out so I call Jason and ask him what to do.  He tells me to give her a once over and gently push pull and prod to make sure nothing is broke and if she doesn't wince and is calm and acting normal that she's probably fine.  Luckily she was not injured!  Before her nap that day, Charlotte and I took out her mattress support and sat her mattress all the way on the floor in her crib.   Now it looks more like a jail cell than a crib but it has worked so far!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh girl...mommyhood is such an adventure!