Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The roll!

My baby boy rolled over for the first time today!


Nana and Madison came for the weekend to celebrate Kate's birthday. Nana was taking care of the kiddos while I did some things around the house. After she fed Jack, she laid him in his crib for a little midday nap. After a few minutes I heard him fussing and crying a little so I went to check on him. When I walked in his room, I found him in his crib face down on his tummy and not at all happy. I scooped him up and calmed him down. Then we went to find Nana because I assumed she had laid him on his tummy. I was mentally rehearsing my nicest "back is best" speech when I asked mom if she had put him down on his tummy. She said no, she had laid him on his back. I told her I found him on his tummy, and then it dawned on us at the same time that my little chunky monkey rolled over all by himself!! He rolled over his left arm then got stuck doing self inflicted "tummy time"! Lol! Not only did he roll over for the first time today, I also saw him reach up and grab one of the toys hanging from his play mat and hold on to it!!! My baby boy is growing so fast. It is hard to believe he will be 4 months old in a week.

No comments: