Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Arts & Crafts

This is such a fun age! Kate is able to do so much more stuff now so I went to Mardel, Hobby Lobby and Walmart to find some fun stuff for us to do inside (since it is beastly hot outside). I loaded up on arts and crafts...scissors, glue, glitter, activity work books, markers, beads, popsicle sticks, colored fuzzy balls, bubble wrap, clothes pins and anything else I could think of that might help her fine motor skills. Aside from sports type activities, I am pretty sure that painting is Kate's favorite thing to do. When Jack was born, Nana gave Kate a gift that included paint brushes, paint, sketch paper and her own personalized smock! The kid asks to paint nearly every day.

Just this past week she got to use scissors for the first time! We also painted, made shape patterns, created a fruit loop rainbow, and she made her own necklace all by herself - the only part of the necklace I helped with was tie the knot so she could wear it!



One of her many "beeeautiful master pieces"!



"PATTERN POWER" she made a goose, bunny, barn and donkey all by herself using the kit I got her that has the magnet triangles, squares, hexagons, diamonds, rhombus and trapezoids!!!



Nana's little protégé!



The finished product that she made all by herself!

LOVE THIS KID!!!

No comments: