Tuesday, July 19, 2011
"I do it myself"
We hear "I do it myself" about a million times a day from our very independent little girl. The past three nights she has decided that she no longer needs us to take her to bed or tuck her in at night because she can do it herself. The first night I had left to go to the store and when I got home Jason said, "You will never believe what happened!" I responded, "I can only imagine, I was only gone 30 minutes!" Well apparently after her nightly routine of milk and one of her shows, Jason stood up to take her to bed and she stopped him with both hands and told him "NO! You stay here, I do it myself" at which point she ran down the hall to her room and jumped in bed. Jason was watching her on the monitor and said that she sat on her bed for a second to make sure he wasn't coming then laid down, covered herself up and went to sleep. UNBELIEVABLE!!! Last night Jason was at work and she did the same thing to me. Tonight she had pooped in her diaper while watching her show so after it was over I brushed her teeth then headed to her room to change her diaper and she told me no mommy I do it myself. After I explained I needed to change her diaper but I would let her put herself to bed she agreed to let me change her diaper. Then she made me bring her back in the living room so that she could run down the hall to her room and get in bed by herself! Who is this kid!?! :-) I must say that these spurts of adamant independence are a little sad because my little girl is growing up BUT it sure beats the heck out of the knock down drag outs we used to have at bedtime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Awww gee. Her independence is great, but makes me kinda sad too because tucking her in is one of the sweetest pleasures. Maybe it is just a temporary phase.
Post a Comment