Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 12, 2011

"Happy" visit

The Friday before Kate's 3rd birthday we took her to the dentist for the first time. The first visit is called a happy visit because they don't really do anything except introduce the child to the dentist office and equipment. Kate got to ride up and down in the chair, lean it back, raise it up, squirt the water, use the suction, etc. Daddy had his cleaning and exam first (she assisted of course!). Then it was her turn. Overall, she did better than expected. We had a couple of tears and refusals but when it was all said and done she let them brush her teeth, then floss, and she got to rinse and spit all by herself! Her teeth look good and she got a thumbs up from the hygienist and dentist.



I'm ready! Open wide daddy ;-)


You're gonna do WHAT?



Ok, I can open wide like Daddy.



"I do it myself."



Brush 'em, brush 'em, brush 'em, get those teeth clean



Rinse...



...and spit.





No comments: