Last Summer Kate attended Mother's Day Out on Tues/Thurs. Since the new baby is due at the end of April, Jason and I thought it would be a good idea to sign Kate up for another MDO program for the Summer and then start her in Preschool in the Fall. She will love it. She needs out of this house on a regular basis and needs to learn more than I know to teach and she needs social interaction with other kiddos. Sounds easy right? Well, NO. Apparently Summer MDO's are few and far between and I just happened to luck out on the place last year. I didn't love it but it served it's purpose and all the teachers were nice. So we were thinking we would sign her up for that again this summer then move her to a new school in the Fall. I call but couldn't get anyone to return my call last week. Bummer. Also last week when I set out on my preschool search, thinking I am ahead of the game because it's February. Well, I got a reality check at my first choice. They were already full. Huh? You're full? It's only February? ALL their classes were full, the M/W, the T/TR and the T/W/TR. She kindly offered to put me on their waiting list. I thought this was a great idea and it raised my hopes a bit until she opened the waiting list book and penciled our name in slot number 15. Not only is there a waiting list but it's already 15 people deep, Oh.My.Gosh. I'm thinking to myself, "this is ridiculous, these kids are THREE and part-time preschool is already competitive. Geez." So I ask them if they could recomend any other reputable preschools in the area that follow a curriculum (so Kate will actually learn something and not just be babysat from 9:00-2:00) and they handed me a list of places in this area. Spirits lifted again! Apparently they hand that list to everyone on the the waiting list because the second school I drove directly to was also at capacity and had started a waiting list. At this point I start to panic a little. Rather than exhausting myself driving place to place I decide to go home and regroup. I called the place we put her in last Summer, but again no answer so I left a message. Then I emailed one of my friends who mentioned in passing that her kids are in a preschool program and remembered her saying that she really like it! Hope! I called them and I asked if they had openings for the Fall? Yes they do! Yay! So I set up an appointment to meet the director and go on a tour. Relief!
Two days ago I went on the tour and was very impressed with what I saw. It's structured. There are two teachers in each class. Class sizes are small. It's bright, open, clean. They even have Spanish class! I was blown away. I did not hesistate telling them I wanted to sign her up, and I actually filled out the application before I left and would have officially enrolled her but forgot my checkbook at home. Then I drove over to the MDO place from last summer (since apparently they don't answer the phone) and they tell me that they are the only place in this area that offers a summer MDO and they haven't even started enrolling yet and that I should check back after Spring Break. Ok. At this point I am so happy that I found Kate a nice preschool for the Fall that I don't even really care if she goes to Mother's Day Out this Summer.
This brings us to today. Today bk and I go to the bank to get some cash (I have no clue where my checkbook is) for her Registration/Enrollment fee. I tell Kate that we are going to the bank then we are going to her new school and when she turns three then she will get to go to school! She gets so excited and starts chatting..."When I three I go to school and my hands will be soooo big, my hands will be big as daddy's hands!" LOL, all I can do is laugh! Yep, when you are three your hands will be big and you will go to school! I love this sweet child :-)
Once we arrived she got to look around her new school a little, meet Ms. Lori, get a lollipop, and is now officially enrolled for the Fall semester to attend preschool on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9:00-2:30!
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Yeah!
I couldn't live without MDO. It saves me every t/th.
Congratulations to you guys! Nora loves her preschool! It was a very difficult transition in the beginning, but sooooo worth it! I had no idea you were expecting! Congratulations!
Post a Comment