Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 31, 2010

Mon petit bebe francais

Mon petit bebe francais means my little French baby. Over the past week or so Kate has somehow managed to pick up a French accent. Who knows with this kid!?! It's really pretty cute. She has started pronouncing her english number two like the French deux...along with to, too, poo, you!
She says, "I am deux" or "I want deux" as she holds up two fingers.
Or she says, "Hank goes peux peux (poo poo)outside".
Or, "Go to store in Daddy's truck? Mommy go deux (too)?"
Or, "I want to go with yeux (you)!!"
You get the idea, it's adorable. I keep trying to record her saying it but haven't been successful yet.

Toddler bed update:
(I knock on wood as I say this) The transition from crib to toddler bed has been flawless. She has only gotten out of bed twice that we know of. The first time was the first night at bedtime and we heard her trying to turn on her light and open her door (both of which she can do) so Jason went in, put her back in bed, and told her it was night time and she had to stay in her bed. And the next day she did it to me during nap but when she saw the hall light turn on she was already crawling back in her bed by the time I got to her! I told her the same thing Jason did "it's nap time, you have to lay in your bed." The most amazing part of it all is that when she wakes up, she just sits in her bed and plays with her baby dolls or calls me and waits for me to come get her!

1 comment:

Nana said...

I am so happy that she took to her new bed so well. She is funny about change but as you said...yall took down her baby bed so I guess she had to conform. LOL