Tuesday, September 23, 2008
1st outing
Today was Kate's first outing. We took her to the pediatrician today and met her new doctor, Dr. Katz for the first time. I think we are going to get along with him very nicely! He is a lot more laid back than the strict rules and structure of the NICU that we were used to. For example in the NICU Kate was fed an exact amount every 3 hours on the dot whether she was hungry or not, no exceptions....Dr. Katz says to feed her as much or little as she wants whenever she's hungry whether it be in an hour and a half or 4 hours after her last feeding. That's nice :-) He also said she may have acid reflux which might be why she has been so fussy and suggested a couple of things for us to try and if they don't work he'll give her some antacids. She is up to 5 lbs 13 oz and is growing nicely and looking good. Based on my height and Jason's height, doc predicts Kate will be 5' 11" when she grows up which is what Jason and I guessed too. It was a pretty quick appointment, we filled out paperwork, they weighed her, he examined her, updated her chart, answered all of my million questions and then said we need to come back in month. Her next outings will be to the Synagis clinic for her first RSV shot, to the ophthalmologist for her follow-up eye exam to make sure her retinas are maturing, and then back to Katz. That's more than enough outings for me, they stress me out! Between the possibility of her catching something and getting sick, us getting in a wreck, tripping and dropping her, someone trying to steal her and all the other things my imagination cooks up, I am perfectly fine keeping her home!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
You made it over another hurdle!! Just think how far you've come. I'm so proud of all 3 of you--and the pictures are great. I am really enjoying this blog - I check it out every day.
Love you,
Nonnie
Hooray! All sounds good with "Baby Kate" but as far as her parents...yall may need a nap. She is just perfect in every way and we are soooo blessed to have her and for her to have you and Jason as her parents, whoa be unto the bad guy that messes with 'our baby'! I agree 100% with Nonnie that this blog is the greatest and I am sure that it is very easy for Mom in her spare time to keep us grans informed. Keep up the good work mom and dad! AML mom/nana
Way to go Baby Kate! Good for you for wowing Dr. Katz! Hugs to you from Nora! Love-Shannon
Dont worry Baby Kate they will calm down. It takes them a while to understand if they just do it your way life will settle down.
Hugs and Kisses from your cousins we love you.
Ps: hang in there we know there is just one of you call if you need help.
Love Kelsie, Madison and Ty
There are Cave Drawings,Scroll Written,Pigeon Carried,Drum Beaten,Smoke Signals,Pony Express Deliveries,Bottle Messages,Sky Writtings,Mail Carried,and Yes,an occasional Note passed under a Desk as our means of Communication!All does not compare to a "Kate Blog" A picture does speak a thousand words!Thank You for sharing this Special Time...I feel so much happiness for your journey with this sweet child.I Love You Three! Aunt Peggy "Gi-Gi"
what a tall girl she's going to be! i'm glad she's doing so well. i got your message today - i was at work when you called. try me again soon - i'd love to catch up when it's a good time for you. :-)
Post a Comment