Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

6 month immunizations

Yesterday we took Kate to the doctor for her 6 month check up and immunizations, she had to get 3 shots and 1 oral dose but the good thing is that next round of immunizations isn't until 12 months! She weighs 14 lbs 7 oz and is 25 1/2 inches long. Even though she was a preemie doc measures her on the growth chart as a 6 month old and her head is in the 10th percentile, weight in the 25th percentile and height in the 50th percentile. (I wish he would chart her as a 4 month old just so I could see how she would rank if she'd have gone full term...her head probably wouldn't be small and her height would be off the charts! that's my guess anyway!)

She has turned into quite the little wiggle worm as you can see on the scale. She is so funny when you take her clothes off...it is a newly discovered freedom that she loves. Strip her down to her diaper and she gets a big smile on her face and flails her arms and legs and writhes around like a little snake! She LOVES it and even gets fussy when I try to put clothes back on her.

While we were waiting on the doctor to come examine her she was getting a little cold so we wrapped her up in her blanket and I just thought she looked so sweet. Her expressions are priceless!




6 comments:

berly02 said...

I love her and I've never even met her!!

Summer said...

She is so cute! I can't believe she's 6 months old! She is bigger than Judah was at that age and he was 5 days overdue. He is only in the 4th percentile for weight and is maybe 17 lbs now at 10 months old. Good job feeding her, Amy! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey-I'm just catching up on 'Miss Kate'& the two of you...These pictures are as great as the stories...I Love This ...Thank you so much for sharing...I can't wait to see her again...LUV U 3...Aunt Peg 'Gi-gi'

Anonymous said...

I love the new blog art! Katie, you ARE the cutest baby in the whole world and thats that!!AML Nana

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! Kate is so adorable - the cutest girl baby I've ever seen. I am looking forward to seeing a picture of you having your first try at baby food. Kate, you are just precious and your Papa and Nonnie love you more than we can say.

Shannon said...

What a BIG girl she is getting to be! She gets cuter with every picture!