Since the child cannot live on formula the rest of her life and must at some point learn to eat, we will try again today. Wish us luck!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
....but it's DISGUSTING!!
Another thing that happened at her appointment is that Dr. Katz gave us the green light to start her on solid food and advised us to introduce the sippy cup with the idea that by her nine month check up she will be eating 3 meals a day and drinking from the cup (he is ambitious in my opinion but I digress). So with that, I go to the store and stock up on rice cereal and every kind of stage 1 fruits and veggies, buy a training sippy cup and we are all set. Now that we had all the essentials we decide to feed her for the first time last night. Jason and I are excited about feeding her but not sure what to expect so we strip her down to her diaper just in case she goes wild and gets cereal everywhere, we put her in the high chair, have the camera ready to capture this momentous occasion, and here we go! The first bite goes in......and then it comes right back out!! Then the 2nd bite goes in.......and comes right back out, as well as the 3rd, the 4th, the 5th, etc. Hmmm this is not going at all how we pictured. God bless her, she kept trying it but REALLY REALLY didn't like it, she even gagged a few times (not because she was choking it was more like "this is the most disgusting, vile thing I have ever had in my mouth and I might puke" kind of gag). I do believe the pictures speak for themselves.
Since the child cannot live on formula the rest of her life and must at some point learn to eat, we will try again today. Wish us luck!




Since the child cannot live on formula the rest of her life and must at some point learn to eat, we will try again today. Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
OMGosh! Poor little thing...maybe she just don't like all that junk, YA THINK!! Good luck with all that maybe she will come around (or not).
Hang in there Kate! Before long you'll love it and not be very interested in your bottle! Nora gags sometimes too with the new foods!:)
I had been waiting to see the results of this next phase in Kate's life. Bless her heart!! Does rice cereal come in any different flavors??
Love, Papa and Nonnie
Post a Comment