First we started off with some cereal and managed to get about 10 whole bites down! Yay Kate! She also decided that she no longer needs my help and took the spoon right out of my hand! It was loaded with cereal and she was so proud of herself that she flung her hands up and down which meant that cereal went EVERYWHERE....her face, her hair, her highchair, me, the table, the floor....I had no idea that 1/2 a teaspoon of cereal could go so far! I let her keep her spoon and I got another one to feed her. Since she thought she could feed herself she put the spoon in her mouth but didn't quite know when to stop and ended up gagging herself! Poor thing!
After we got cleaned up I sat her in her Bumbo and gave her her new sippy cup. She grabbed it with both hands and it went straight to her mouth. (I would like to think I have the smartest kid alive but really at this stage anything she gets in her hands goes straight to her mouth and she just lucked out that that's what she was actually supposed to do with it!!) She hasn't figured out that if she sucks on it liquid will come out, but she did chew on it for a while. I think she is teething so we might hit two birds with one stone by using the sippy cup.
Since we were having such a pleasant and productive day I gave Shannon and Nora a call to see if they would like to have a play date and sure enough they did, so Kate and I loaded up and off we went! Unfortunately Kate did not take much of a nap prior to the play date so she was cranky to say the least. She was exhausted but much too interested in the new surroundings, Shannon, Nora and all of her toys to actually settle down for a nap so the 2 hours went a little like this.....
Nora - sweet, peaceful, happy, little angel.
Kate - meltdown, then distracted by new stuff, then happy, then meltdown...and repeat.
Needless to say she fell asleep on the ride home then slept for two hours straight. I'm not sure we will be invited back, but it was worth it! Shannon is one of the nicest people I have ever met and I truly enjoy her company.
Last but definitely not least is that Kate rolled over from her back to her tummy for the first time! Wouldn't you know, I missed it. I was making her bottle and went to dump the water and when I came back she was on her belly. Shannon saw it and said Kate flipped over super fast, kinda like a fish out of water flopping over! Watch out folks she's about to be mobile! :-)


2 comments:
They are so sweet together...those 2 have been through ALOT in their little lives! It looks like they are going to be just fine now. Wow, what a story. AML Nana
We LOVED having you over! Please know that you are welcome back any time! Believe me, although I do think my daughter is an angel most of the time, she has her moments too, so come back whether our little fish has napped or not!
Post a Comment