Baby Kate went to the doctor yesterday for her 2 month check up and immunizations. She was a trooper, she has proven time and time again that she's a tough cookie and yesterday was no exception! She had to get 3 shots and one oral dose. The oral dose was no biggie but the shots made her cry. Jason had to hold her arms down and there were two nurses, one on each side. The nurse on the left had two shots so she gave the first one, then they counted to three and gave a shot in each thigh at the same time. Poor thing. She screamed and cried of course but settled down after I picked her up.
My baby girl is growing so fast....she weighs 8 lbs 14 oz and is 20 3/4 inches long now. She gained a whole pound in one week! Doc said that since she is full term now and the size of a newborn we can take her off the high calorie preemie formula and start giving her regular formula! That's a huge milestone! The formula was the last of the "preemie" stuff to go.....no more preemie clothes, preemie diapers, preemie formula or preemie tub! She has a new "big girl" tub that is pink, has already grown out of her Newborn size diapers and is close to growing out of her Newborn size clothes. I can hardly believe it!


2 comments:
Grow Baby Kate Grow! We are so proud of your accomplishments!
Ok. First, I'm not sure I knew you were pregnant. And I am so excited about your BEAUTIFUL little girl!! I just spent a good 30 minutes catching up on baby Kate. I am so happy for you and Jason and so happy that Kate is doing so well at home. Please email me your address so I can send that precious miracle something! (kimmy546@hotmail.com)
Post a Comment