I am still amazed at how one tiny girl can change our lives so much. As far as my house goes I wouldn't consider myself a clean freak but I do like it picked up, straightened and clutter free. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't eat off the floor but I do like it clean! I have minor anxiety attacks when there are piles of things laying around or when the bed isn't made and the bathroom is dirty or when the kitchen sink is piled up with dishes, etc. However, now that Kate is home and I've been so busy with her, my focus has changed and I have not paid as much attention to these things that bothered me so much before. I chuckled a little this morning because as I walked thru the house every single room looks like a tornado hit. There are dishes and bottles in the sink and on the counter, the living room is filled with Kate's things (i.e. pack-n-play, swing, bouncer, activity mat, boppy etc), the bar and kitchen table are covered with scrap booking stuff, my bed is not made, there is dirty laundry piled up, I am tired and I need a bath but all I can think about is how can I make Kate's tummy stop hurting and help her have a bowel movement. My world stops because my baby can't poo. Never in a million years would I have thought that poo would be the focus of my attention but apparently a baby changes your perspective in ways you never would have imagined! The doctor suggested a few things that we are trying so never fear, I WILL keep you updated but right now there's not much activity! haha :-)
Omigosh!
No, this is not an aisle in Babies R Us, this is my living room! (:-o)
Kate is getting smarter by the second on her Baby Einstein seek-n-discover play mat!!
Hey guys! I'm just chillin' in my boppy!


3 comments:
Dear Amy, I think what you are doing is the right thing. Here is a poem just for you.
Mother, oh mother, come shake out your cloth!
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing and butter the bread,
Sew on a button and make up a bed.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking!
Oh, I’ve grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue
(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
(Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo
But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren’t her eyes the most wonderful hue?
(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
Oh, cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
But children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep.
I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep.
by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton
(first appeared, Ladies Home Journal, October 1958)
Love, Connie (a/k/a Nonnie)
You are such a good mom, and I love the poem from Nonnie! So true!
Welcome to the Mommy Hood... I couldn't stand to talk about things like poo at dinner and once Keegan came it was my life! He had a hard time with the formula as well...
Ask Aunt Shan - we fixed that problem... everyone is a good pooper with Aunt Shan...
Congratulations! and we're so happy to hear you are all doing well...
Nora's Auntie Rachelle
Post a Comment