The time has finally come...Jason went back to work today :-( As luck would have it, he is working a double shift (48 hrs) so it's just me and half pint for the next two days. The true test of mommy hood has begun! Things are going pretty good so far, I got a few hours of sleep last night and a 30 min nap today so I feel good. I even put Kate in the stroller and we went on a walk!! These past couple of weeks the weather has been gorgeous and since it is such a beautiful day it was nice to get out of the house for a little while and enjoy the weather. Kate really seems to like her car seat and she did great on the walk. Yesterday Jason, Kate and I loaded up and when driving around out in the country and out to the lake. We were probably gone almost 3 hours and she slept the whole time in her car seat. That was our first family outing even though we never really got out of the car! Ha!
fun fact: It's Friday so that means Miss Kate is 8 weeks old today and has been home for 3 weeks now! Wow, it's hard to believe she's been home that long!


5 comments:
That is such a sweet story and I am sure Mommy and baby Kate will do just fine.I wondered how she would do outside in her stroller, her Mommy loved being outside since as far back as I can remember so she must be like her mom in that respect. aml mom/nana
Amy, I have complete confidence that you and Baby Kate will be just fine! So glad you got out of the house...maybe we can take our strollers out together soon as they say Nora may be home this week!:)
Just wanted to say hi and that I saw Kate's Nana yesterday at Aunt Frankie's. I went for a one day visit. Nana is so proud and should be. She has a beautiful granddaughter and beautiful children. I enjoy reading Kate's story. Love ya, Margaret
Y'all need to pack up someday and head over to Fort Worth to visit us! :-)
What wonderful news to hear that Kate got to take a ride in this fabulous October weather and get some fresh air for those sweet little lungs. Hope to get to see her in that stroller soon too. Amy, you are doing a great job with this "mommy hood" thing and we are so proud of you. You and Jason are a great team and Kate is very blessed to have such a Dad and Mom as you. God works all things together for good and that is just what He is doing in all 3 of your lives through the challenges you have been going through. So glad to hear that you all got out of the house and took a ride. Love to you, Connie a/k/a Nonnie
Post a Comment